Audrey Weisiger describes how to teach a flying camel. She discusses the most common problems and some of her countless drills and solutions. She explains what causes a “flying waltz jump” and a “flying salchow” and how to correct them. She also covers drills to help a young skater get the proper feeling for the leg movements. She also talks about body position and she draws helpful diagrams on the ice. This is one of the best video presentations of flying camel I’ve seen.
Check out these related videos:
- Edge Drill for Loop Jump (Audrey Weisiger)
- Figure Skating Off-Ice Training – Agility Ladder (Kristina Anderson)
- Figure Skating Stroking and Edge Drills – Part 2 (Pasquale Camerlengo)
- Figure Skating Stroking and Edge Drills – Russian Stroking (Pasquale Camerlengo)
- Figure Skating Off-ice Training: Off ice jump class – Part 6 (Kori Ade)
Sign Up For Our FREE Videos!
GET INSTANT ACCESS to our FREE videos! You'll also be notified every time a new FREE video is posted on the website.
Do you have a Facebook account?
We will NEVER share your email address. Your privacy is SAFE
- Klaudia on Jump Principles – Speed and Pre-Rotation (Frank Carroll)
- Kim on Improving Figure Skating: Learn To Skate – Part 1 (Chris Conte)
- Trevor on Figure Skating Power And Speed Drills (Joan Orvis)
- Trevor on Setup Pattern for Axel Jump Development (Michelle Leigh)
- diane on Figure Skating Power And Speed Drills (Joan Orvis)